Nothing is worse than your furnace going out in the middle of winter (especially if you live in a colder climate like Chicago). In a panic, you are trying to figure out what the best furnace is for your home. Here are a few questions to ask when you are deciding which Trane furnace to purchase:
- Furnace come in both gas and electric models. Which model do you need?
- What size furnace do you need? We specialize in installing furnaces in all sizes. If you do not know, your local HVAC Contractor will be able to tell you what exactly you need. They will figure out the load on your home and make sure you get the perfect size furnace for your needs.
- What features are important to you? Do you want a variable speed blower or a variable heat output? You can also get a dual heat exchanger, pilotless ignition, zoned heating, and electrostatic air filters. There are a lot of bells and whistles that you can get. You have to figure out which ones are important to you and if you are willing to pay for them.
- What kind of warranty do you want? Higher end furnaces often have longer warranty periods.
- Money. Not only do you need to factor in the cost of the furnace you are buying, but you also need to factor in how much you can save on your current energy bill by replacing your older system with a higher efficiency system.
There are many things you need to consider when you purchase your next furnace. Once you have answered all of these questions you should have a better understanding of exactly what you want and need!